Employer Information for Military Service
Transitioning military personnel and veterans will find endless opportunities in North Dakota. If you are an employer seeking to recruit and hire veterans or transitioning military service members, check out the quick-references below.
Job Service of North Dakota - Veteran Resources for both employers and job seekers.
- Business Services: Business Service Team Members can help you assess your unique hiring needs. You are able to post your job openings at no charge and conduct candidate searches at no charge on their website - jobsnd.com. Additionally, you can connect with a Job Service Business Service Team Member to participate in multi-employer job fairs held throughout North Dakota or hold your own individual job fair at any of the American Job Center locations.
- American Job Centers: These Centers provide employment, education, training, and skill development resources to job seekers. Veterans' Employment Team Members are available to help veterans work through employment barriers and develop an employment plan. Team members also work with employers to provide education on military culture and skill translation for veterans seeking employment.
Additional Job Service Resources:
Transition Centers: North Dakota hosts two Air Force bases that have a transition center that assists service members with their job search after separation. These contacts are helpful to employers looking to fill job opportunities within specific industries.
- Minot Air Force Base Airman and Family Readiness Center: 701-723-3950
- Grand Forks Air Force Base Airman and Family Readiness Center: 701-747-3241
- America's Heroes at Work Serves to pinpoint helpful tools and outline important steps to take when designing a veterans hiring initiative that works for your particular business.
- Veterans Employment Toolkit for Employers Provides a variety of resources for employers, managers, supervisors and human resource professionals. Also includes information about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- ND Cares Military Data Book provided by North Dakota Cares Coalition. The purpose of ND Cares is to resolve barriers or gaps in services to ensure those who have served, their families, and survicors receive the care and assistance they need. The Community Program has been created as an important extension of the mission.
U.S. Department of Labor Veterans Employment & Training Service - Committed to helping service members find employment and providing employment resources to employers.
Additional U.S. Dept of Labor Resources:
The Walt Disney Company Veterans Institute - Provides a platform of knowledge and tools to build better veteran hiring programs within your organization.
- Veterans Institute Toolkit - Created by the Walt Disney Company Veterans Institute to assist organizations to build a better veteran hiring program.
Additional Military Resources:
ExperienceND/Military - Information and resources for the service member job-seeker and employers.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve - Promoting cooperation and understanding between the reserve component service members and their civilian employers.
Federal Tax Benefits for Hiring Veterans - Employers can be eligible for federal tax benefits for hiring and employing eligilbe veterans, national guard members and reservists.